Councillor Karen Harper
Karen Harper is a life-long learner dedicated to enriching and improving the lives of others. Following a successful teaching career that spanned 17 years, Karen returned to school to pursue her interests in Pension and Benefits Administration, a journey that found her working with the BC Teachers Federation for over a decade. In 2000, Karen returned to Saanich accepting a senior vice-president role with the BC Pension Corporation as Chief Knowledge Officer, a position she held until 2010. Karen was elected to Saanich Council in 2017 and is currently serving her second term. Helping organizations create operating and cost efficiencies is one of Karen’s many strengths. Karen serves as Saanich Council representative on the following:
- Finance and Strategic Priorities Committee
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel
- Public Safety and Emergency Planning Committee
- Greater Victoria Public Library Board
- Saanich Director of the CRD’s Regional Water Supply Commission
Karen is an active community volunteer, an avid cyclist, reader, French speaker, sewer and knitter.